The strength of the Salzburger Mill MT 18 lies in continuous milling
operation making it suitable for professional use. As with all
Salzburger mills its use is both safe and simple.
The powerful, special industrial motor interacts optimally with the large mill-stones to guarantee fast and gentle milling.
Salzburger Mills has more than 40 years experience in the manufacture
of granite milling stones. Only special selected granite is used in the
laborious production of milling stones that result in unique pairs for
each mill. Granite is extremely hard and durable, while purely natural –
without any additives.
GRANITE MILL STONE
All dry grains can be ground with the MT 5 mill, including soft
or hard wheat, oat groats (dehulled oats), rice, triticale, kamut,
spelt, buckwheat, barley, rye, millet, teff, quinoa, amaranth, sorghum,
soybeans and dent (field) corn. It will also grind lentils, dry beans
(pinto, red, garbanzo/chickpeas, kidney & more), and dried, non-oily
spices. It isn't suitable for herbs, oilseeds like flax or sesame,
popcorn, or fibrous materials.
- Milling rate for bread flour texture - approx. 9.3oz (265g)/min
- Hopper fill capacity (wheat) - 3.7 lb (1700g)
- Dia. of granite mill stones - 4.7" (120 mm)
- Industrial motor electric rating, watts - 900W (1/2 HP)
- Thick coils with the best possible isolation make the motor especially robust and durable.
- Generously dimensioned ball bearings (designed to balance out the extreme forces which arise during the milling process).
- Good heat conduction thanks to ventilation slits in the housing
- Integrated coil protection prevents expensive damage caused by overheating
- Milling Speed - 850 RPM
- Weight - 42.9 lb (19.5 kg)
- Max. height of bowl at spout - 6.1"
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 9.8" x 9.8" x 18.5" (250 x 250x 470 mm)
- Voltage - 110V
- Made in Austria
- Warranty - 12 years commercial / 24 years for mill stones